Skip to main content

Dear Diary : Naz Nabavi

Deer Diery,
To day i heard was the batle of bul run. There were 2,096 kills and injures. The south was completely defeeted. If us blacks were there we cood hav won the batle. Us blacks are tuf and we could have stood and fight those bad sotheners. Those wites just ran away like little crybabes. I wish we blacks cood fight it wood have relly helped. I wish we had the same rights as those wites. If us were there we cood have helped and 2,096 peeple woudnt have died. My wife sent me a letter saying my father died. I miss him like crazy. I don’t now wat to do because his funeral is next week and i cant go because of me being needed for owr contry. I never got to even say goodbye to my father. My wife is upset i never sent anything after she sent me the leter saying my father died. Shes depressed, alone, working, and missing me. I need to see her and find a way out.


Sinserely,
Ellis Wilson
1861

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aaron Spicker 1864 Blog : Word Mosaic

Enlistment Blog

Sisser, Ive joind a Unyun regement. It go by the name Raylroad to Gloree, and am glad that the Union could use my help as a fellr soldier. Evry day doin drills and fightin for our freedom I think of momma and pop pop in hevan and miss y'all deerly. The battel of Bull Run sur was terrefying and I dun yet now how ma'ny caseeltees we hav yet all I know is I was scared fer my life. Luck'ly I wasn't to hurt and soon I may b deployed to a Border State fer my next mission. But I sure am scared bout bein sent to the south becuse I may not bee a fre man.  Tell Father Alfred to keep me in'is prayers  because Im prayin to God and I thenk he's watchin ovr me and keepn me saef. and I onlee hope I can help my countree and finlly be a free man af'er this is ovr. Also I've been runin low on cloths and supplys becaus my group is ful of incoptenet fellers who can't rashin and was wondrin if maybe we culd sav up and yu could send som extra clothes from the factry to …

1863 Blog Recipe: Aaron Spicker

Dear Amy, 
Sisser Ive miss'd you so much while Iv ben away, me n' my regeemnt hav fin'lly been allowed to fite in the war! That man Abrahm Lincon did the rite thing, issuin that Emancepatun Proclomachon ill show em and all them rebels that us color'd folk can fiyt in the Civel War. We sure did show them at the battel o' Getteesburg . gess wat, I'm actually being payed for this, could tis git any better. When I finlly get back home maybe we can make sum good ol' Railroad cake with Father Alfred like we used to have with mamma and big poppa. Anything beats our hardtack, salt pork,  and any other rations we had bak at camp.
Railroad Cake Recipe : 
3 eggs  1/2 cup buttr  1 cup o' suger  1 cup flower  3 tablespoons milk 1 tablespoon of creem tarter  and 1/2 a teaspoon of soda